Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Interviews

Job search has been hard since I've graduated in 2008 and it is still just as hard. I've had about 12 interviews so far (includes about 4 agencies interviews) since the beginning of June 2010. Two had actually offered me the position but....I rejected them because I wanted better. Now, I'm unsure if it was the right choice or not.

1st job that accepted me:
Position: Office/Admin Assistant
Pay: $30,000 annually (14.4 hourly), 12 day vacation (includes sick and personal days)
Con: Very small and unorganized office.
I accepted it after a few days of thinking about it. But when the recruiter ( I got it through a job agency) called the company, the executive assistant keep saying that the boss is traveling and she isn't able to get in contact with him. After 1 week or 2 of this and seeing their Ad on Craigslist.org (offering less than they offered me), I decided that they no longer want me. VErY PrOFeSsIONaL COmPaNY!!!! -.-

2nd job accepted me right on the spot (they liked me very much):
Position: Receptionist
Pay: $14.00 hourly.
Cons: Have to be standing all day, hours 11-7pm, they only covered half for medical insurance, I have to wear their uniform.
When they couldn't increase the salary and will not give me time to think about it, I turned it down. I was also waiting for two jobs that pay better.

I'm still applying for jobs though. I'm not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment