Sunday, August 22, 2010

Desperate Housewives

I've never seen the all popular Desperate Housewives on ABC since their premier few years ago. I do remember hearing about it from my friends in college. And since I've been very bored, I decided to try it. I've finished my last episode of Desperate Housewives today and it was better than I had expected. It was entertaining with all the different issues that had with each other families.

However, there are several things I do dislike about it. The series had a bit too much of sleeping around along with the different pairing of the same people. For example, couples will constantly break up and get back together , son sleeps with mom's boyfriend, a women dates and sleeps with the ex/husbands of her friends. Yet they are able to let go of their past and just embrace the happiness to come. But I guess that's how they get the many viewers that they do.

To me, 3 of the 4 main women in this series are too promiscuous for my taste. The one person that stands out for me is Lynette. Unlike the others, she had remain faithful to her husband throughout the series and did not take on any lovers. She is also one of the most strong-minded women out of the 4. Not only is she a successful mother of 4 (5 now), she was also a successful business women, and a very supportive wife. I hope she remains this way for Season 7.

I may not be the biggest fan, but I am looking forward to watching the next season (season 7). I would recommend it to those who are looking for something to watch and have a lot of time on their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment