Friday, August 20, 2010

Interview 8/20/10

After two weeks of nothing....

Today I had my 13th interview of the summer. The interview was with a small marketing company in Brooklyn.
I was interviewed by two ladies (hate it when they have two) feel like I have double the pressure. The office environment was very casual which is what I like but I expected the company to be bigger. But hey beggars can't be choosers. Right after the interview, I was told I should be expecting a call tonight or Monday (the latest) if they want me to go in for some testing (Microsoft Office, etc). But I still haven't receive a call from them, so hopefully I'll get a call from them on Monday.

The funny thing is that no matter how many interviews I've been in, it never gets easier. Of course it is much better than one first few interviews I've had in my life time. But if I was playing a mmorpg game, I'll be in the same level and not leveling up. 

Right after the interview, I called the staff agency which I work with ( I work with 3, only 1 of them is reliable).
My contact at the agency, let's call him P told me of a job opportunity for a European Bank as Office Assistant or something of that sorts. He will try to set me up with an interview early next week. He also got me set up with a one-day job with an event in Bryant Park on Friday. The good thing is there is no interview required and I'll get a free pair of Levi's jeans.

After two weeks of nothing, I got like three things at once. Last time this happened, I found my last job. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment