Monday, August 23, 2010

Huan Zhu Ge Ge/Pearl Princess (New Version) My say on the characters

All the main actress such as Qian Long, XYZ, ZiWei, YongQi, and ErKang are all new in my eyes. I understand some of them might have acted in small roles and/or music videos. But I've never seen them in any major productions.






















XYZ:
She is oldest of the four (even older than me wahahahha XP). She has been in many music videos and some small productions. Many people see a similarity between her and Vicki Zhao due to her big eyes. But there was also criticisms online saying that she looks old and like a man.

My feelings is that she basically has the looks (even though Vicki is way prettier) but it's the personality and acting that she has to bring on. Vicki set an unprecedented goal for the role of Xiao Yan Zi, which definitely wasn't met by Huang Yi (I love her though). I really do hope she can step up and bring alive Xiao Yan Zi like Vicki did.






















Zi Wei:
There was criticisms online saying she is cross-eyed, has big ears and has a sad look to her. Many viewers dislike her and believe that she is no match for Ruby Lin.

I can't say that I totally disagree with the criticisms of others especially the 'crossed-eye' part. But I don't believe she is bad looking. The role of Zi Wei has a certain outer softness but inner strength. Through the pictures I've seen from the new Zi Wei, she seems to have the soft and gentleness. Now it's up to her acting.

Yong Qi:
There wasn't much criticisms online regarding him except that they think he has a long face.

I really don't see a problem with a long face as long as it is overly long. He seems to be pretty good looking in my opinion. The only thing I have to say is that he looks overly pale on his pictures of HZGG. I'm not sure if it's the make up that they put on him or something else. Another thing is that he is much younger than the original Yong Qis that we've seen in the past. But it can be a plus because the character of Yong Qi is meant to have to display a certain level of stubbornness, playfulness, and of course maturity.

Er Kang:
The criticisms for Er Kang is that he looks like he's on drugs and he doesn't have an "upper class" look to him.

I don't agree with the criticisms because I really don't see it. In terms of "upper class" look, I don't think he lacks it at all. (But then again I don't see an "upper class" look to one of the F4s Ken Wu and nobody seems to agree with me.) I've always seen Er Kang as a very mature and masculine man, and he does display this in his pictures so far. He's just a little big young for my taste for this role because Er Kang is suppose to be several years older than the rest of the three.


Out of the whole cast, I'm only familiar with the characters playing Tai Ho (king's mother) and Huang Ho (queen).


Tai Ho has starred in many of Qiong Yao's production since her 20s and is very well known actress from Taiwan. I saw a talk show in China where she was a guest star and she was able to cry at will. Now that's impressive. Her acting skills should surpass those of the old Tai Ho.


Huang Ho is another well-known actress from Hong Kong. She's starred in many roles in Hong Kong drama series and many knows of her impressive acting skills. This is the first time, I've seen her in a non Hong Kong show. This should be very interesting.


Also, the addition of  Ruby Lin playing Xia Yu He (Zi Wei's Mother) and Qin Lan Yin playing Xue Yin (Xiao Yan Zi's mother) will be a great addition to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment