Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The New York Job Fair on November. 9th 2010

NYCHires hosts the Worst Job Fair In The World!!!!!

I've been to quite of few of job fairs since High Schools....and this one I can say by far is the worst!!!
I arrived at Radisson Hotel at 32nd Street about noon and waited in line for about 30+ minutes. Since, there was such a long line, I expected the job fair to be pretty good. Boy was I wrong. It was a complete waste of time!

First of all, I heard about this job fair from my sister who read it on the newspaper. When I tried to look it up online, I was unable to find it. Until I enter the specific date, good job on marketing guys. When I finally found it, it suggests that I sign up at http://nyc.localhires.com in order to register for the fair and see the employer list. After doing so, I saw a list of about 15 which includes Family Health Plus,U.S Coastal Guard, and New York Life. ( I would post it but it is no longer available on it's website)

So what was wrong with it?
1. All of the positions that each company was hiring for is Sales, Sales, and more Sales. (Or it was the army)
2. Several desks were empty.
3. Space was limited. Was held inside a small conference room.
4. Line moved very slowly because they only let in about 15-20 people at a time.
5. For such a big city...we only had about 15 companies show up? (My college's hospitality job fair in our tiny restaurant was a better success.)

I tried to warn people who was still on the line when I came out that they offer offer sales positions. But no one budge. Guess they want to see for themselves.

Let's hope the next job fair I'll be attending will be up to some standard... Or I'll be forced to remained home-bound forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment