Saturday, October 9, 2010

NC Soft: Fan Meet And Greet 2010

I'm quite of a gamer, an mmorpg gamer. Although not a very good one, I've been gaming for about 6 years. At the moment, I'm playing a game called Aion. And when I heard about NCsoft's Fan Meet and Greet in NYC, I was pretty excited.

After work today, I went across midtown to Hudson Hotel and waited online to get it (didn't know there was a line). My first impression is not that good...... The hotel was quite shady because you can barely see the entrance. I walk past it before I realize where the entrance was. When I went inside, there was a security check point that asked you for your ID (18 and over only). Apart from the normal line, there was a VIP line (you had to email or contact a gm for that....which I didn't know about until the event) and they were let in first. When I went to line up for the 'normal' line, I saw about 30 ppl online, most of them looked like students and typical gamers (if you know what I mean).

At exactly 7, we were let in and I got the following:

1. One Raffle Ticket
2. One drink voucher/ticket for a free drink


And one the table they had a variety of free items for each game from NCsoft:
But I got the following:

1. an Aion figurine (made in china i supposed)

2. Aion pc dvd-rom online software (awesome right?)


3. Aion stickers (very appropriate...don't you think?)


4. Aion laptop sticker

5. Aion Assault on Balaurea 15-day time card , Aion Energy Boost Pack

6. Limited Edition Aion Poster


7. Aion T-shirts (M size, they only had M and X-large)

8. Lineage T-shirt (was given to me from someone who won the prize of aion bookbag with t-shirts)


9. Aion key holder thingy (don't know the real name)

They gave out prizes such as
1. 4-5 Aion bookbags with couple of random t-shirts inside
2. 5-10 mouses
3. 3-5 mousepads
5. 5 awesome graphic cards

And of course I didn't win anything.

During the mingling, they had waiters serve some appetizers such as spring rolls, and little hotdog thingys and chicken fingers. They also had computers from Alienwares for players to try and they were separated from game to game by sections.

I got to meet some people who played Aion, some who didn't play anymore, some elyos and very few people that I actually know. Most of the around 200ish people there played other games....which I thought was upsetting!!!! LOL  I got to speak to two of the GMs briefly. I actually thought they would be making some announcements and have the event more like a seminar where we can ask questions and they answer.

I didn't stay for the after-party because I was tired and didn't have to get home late?

All and all, I enjoyed the event. It was better than I expected actually. Hope they come again next year.

Thanks NCsoft!

No comments:

Post a Comment